Don't lose your marriage and family over this!

 Jobie,

My friend. Old friend. Dear, dear friend of mine. Your last letter has me so concerned and anxious for you. Not just you, but Laura and the boys. I know you and she are both completely stressed out. Anyone would be in this situation, but it's not just the financial stress and the problems paused by your absence that are causing cracks to form in your relationship. You two are not on the same page and won't ever be able to see eye to eye or make decisions as long as you're putting pursuit of this cause ahead of those who actually have loyalty to you and love you.

Laura has your back, Joe. For decades she has had your back, and you've said as much to me numerous times over the years. It's upsetting me to hear you sound like you've forgotten all that or that it doesn't matter anymore. Because Trump. Are you kidding me, Joe?? Donald Trump does NOT have your back, and I can't understand why you think otherwise. You're no one to him, Joe. You're nothing. How many are in jail now or being sought for charges over this mess? Hundreds, at least. And you think Trump is going to do what? Come out of his pocket for you all? Have his organization(s) fund a mass bailout? That is NOT going to happen. Laura is. not. wrong. And I don't know much about these patriot groups that seem somewhat organized, but it stands to reason that they don't have the wherewithal or inclination to bail anyone out, especially if their leadership also have legal problems right now.

The problem here, it seems to me, is that your faith in Trump is rooted in the fact that you think he's had this 'Plan'. This is not and never was any *plan*, at least not any version Trump's supporters were putting their faith in. The man is no hero of the right, the common man, patriots, trafficked children, or anyone else for that matter. He just isn't. Donald Trump is about Donald Trump, and only Donald Trump. he has no loyalties to anyone, not even those who've been in his trusted inner circle over the years. You and I both know that. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw his own grown offspring under the bus  to save himself. So, why would he care about you, your life, your, business, or family's welfare? He wouldn't. The man has a long track record of avoiding payment of his own bills, even ones that would have zero effect on his bottom line. And the only plan he ever had was to take full advantage of his supporters' unflagging belief that he had this other 'Plan'. 

I'm begging you, on behalf of Laura and your boys, and on behalf of the Joe I used to know, please don't let that self-serving man destroy your marriage or do any more damage to your livelihood than he's already done. In my mind, you're so far a victim in all of this, a victim of a conniving user. But if you keep going down this path and holding onto a fantasy, whatever fallout results is going to be squarely on you, my friend. Please don't let it get to that point. I have faith that you will at some point realize what's happened and how and why. Maybe you'll even be able to chuckle about it at some point in the future, but there will be nothing to laugh about if you lose your family in the interim. You may not be able to restore that if it's lost. 

I know this is coming off harsh, and maybe even belittling to a degree, but this is just too critical for me to beat around the bush or be more concerned about sparing feelings. You can hate me now, never respond again, and I'll just have to suck it up, but I would hate myself if I didn't state facts or at least plant a seed that could help you sort through all this. Just know that however it sounds, it's coming from a sincere place and I want only good for you and yours.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog